Smartsearch™ for Canvas is
- an integrated Canvas application (LTI) that provides
- intuitive and the most extensive Canvas course searches
- for students, teachers, instructional designers, and admins.
Key Feature Highlight
- Intuitive. Modern predictive search architecture.
- Secure. Uses the Canvas security and model. Secure by design.
- Live. Newly published information is instantly searchable, (and deleted information unsearchable).
Smartsearch enables live and predictive course searches in
- Course Syllabus,
- Module Sub-Headers,
- Quizzes &
Free Wide Audience Trial Request
In the Wide Audience Trial teachers and students can try out Smartsearch in any course.
This requires an administrator of the Canvas instance to create a Developer Key.
Developer key “A developer key allows an application to request access to a user’s information. In all cases, the user must authorize the application to act on his/her behalf. If the user authorizes an app, Canvas generates an API token and securely responds to a request from the external application with the generated token. The app can then store that token and use it to perform the information requests that it has access to.”